KS1 children are expected to complete one page a week in their homework books, this will alternate each week between English and Maths. KS2 children will have both English and Maths homework books and be expected to complete a page in both. This is in addition to spellings, times tables and reading.
To augment our children’s learning we have subscribed to Purple Mash and Times Tables Rock Stars which can be used for free from home.
Purple Mash is an award-winning website for nursery and primary school children. It enables children to explore and enhance their knowledge in a fun and creative way.
It contains dozens of powerful open-ended tools and educational games that can be used in the classroom or at home.
Ask your teacher for your Purple Mash username and password and visit the website: http://www.purplemash.co.uk/stpetersme20
Times Tables Rock Stars
Times Table Rock Stars is a fun, interactive way to learn and consolidate essential times table facts. Just ask your teacher for your unique username and password.
Go to the website https://beta.ttrockstars.com/login/4966 and type St Peters CE Primary School, Aylesford into the school box, log in and begin the journey to Rock Star fame!
Science at home
Why not try some exciting and easy Science at home? These are some ideas that can help you start. If you do interesting experiments at home, don’t forget to let your teachers how it went.
1. Take a friend, your notebook and a tape measure out into the park, or the garden, on a sunny morning
2. Take it in turns to stand still and measure each other’s shadows
3. Do the same thing around lunchtime and again in the late afternoon
4. Write down the measurements in your notebook each time
5. What changes do you notice?
1. Put some dirty copper coins on a plate
2. Squeeze or dollop a small amount of ketchup on to each one
3. Leave the coins for about an hour
4. Rinse off the ketchup
5. What do you notice?
1. Put some lemonade or clear fizzy drink into a glass
2. Drop a handful of raisins into the liquid
3. Watch what happens to the raisins
1. You will need: paper plate, different colours paint, magnet and a paper clip
2. Move the magnet attracting the paper clip through the paper plate
3. Observe how the different colours mix and create a beautiful painting
Music Listening Practise – Scales
Click the link: https://www.musictheory.net/exercises/ear-scale
Go to settings – scales:
Deselect all apart from Major and Pentatonic